The Old Post Office


The Old Post Office There were several post offices around Weston serving local areas between 1750-1830. Although built in approximately 1790, this building, located originally at the corner of Weston Road and Newtown Turnpike, became the official Weston Post Office in 1883, being called the Norfield Post Office until 1846.

The building was originally used as a general store for the area. One could purchase such goods that they could not produce on the farm, and they could come and sit by the pot-bellied stove and talk about the weather and other farming or small business tales. A back room as well as an upstairs were added later and the postmaster and his family lived in the building running the store and the Post Office.